Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Proposal

After about four and a half months of dating I decided that it would be time to talk to Amberly about getting married. During the next few weeks the the usual proceedings of talking to the parents and choosing the ring took place.
On June 8th 2011 I decided that that would be the perfect day to get engaged. The 8th had been kind of a significant day for the both of us. Our first kiss and what we consider to be the day we started officially dating was on January 8th and the first time that I told Amberly that I loved her was on the 8th of May, being also her birthday.
I thought that since we were getting engaged on the 8th that it would be fun to repeat a bunch of things that we had done on dates in the past. On the night before I left three notes on Amberly's car, instructing her where she should go on her way to work, a note for her to read at lunch and lastly one note explaining that I would be there at 5:30 to pick Amberly up and for her to prepare for the most amazing night ever!
I picked her up at 5:30 and had two dozen roses waiting for her in the car. Then I went to pick up Olive Garden to go just like we had done on Valentines Day. After picking up dinner we headed up the AF Canyon and found the perfect spot where we could eat dinner and then make some dutch oven apple crisp. While their apple crisp was cooking we went to a stream to stick a Martinelli in the stream so that it would get cold. After which we went for a nice nature walk. After our nature walk they went back to check on the apple crisp and then the Martinelli.
That's where it all finally took place. As we went down to the stream to check on the Martinelli I slipped the ring into my sweatshirt pocket. As we were standing there talking I asked her if she was really ready to spend the rest of her life with me. She said she was so I said well we better make this official then. So I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. Thankfully she said YES!!!!
A funny part of the whole night was that earlier in the night Amberly's hand started to swell up a little bit and ended up being a size too small. That meant that I couldn't get the ring all the way on Amberly's finger but as I got up to hug her she jammed the ring on her finger and we had to soap her finger up later just in order to get it off.
After we got engaged we had to hurry down the canyon and start calling everyone that we knew and visit our parents.
-Arah


No comments:

Post a Comment